8.29.2007

The new Canucks logo!

So, after all the secrecy, stalling and what feels like a wait of over a year, it's finally here.

Yes..."it" is finally here.

What's "it"?

"It" is the amazing, astonishing, astounding, fabulous, fantastic, fantastical, incredible, marvelous, miraculous, phenomenal, prodigious, stupendous, unbelievable, wonderful, wondrous new Vancouver Canucks jersey:

(Image courtesy of the good people at canucks.com)

For comparison, here's your friend and mine Luongo in the old (is it still vintage? I'm lost already) vintage jersey:

What's that you ask? What's the big difference? Good enough fair web reader, let's put them side by side:

(click for enlargement por favor)

So, as you can see, the big difference is...it now says Vancouver. Scoff all you want, I see the genius of this: it's a gentle reminder to the opposition of who is about to kick their stupid asses from one end of the rink to the other. Sheer brilliance.

Also, the whale remains, though it may be slightly different. I mean, if you've seen a killer whale suddenly burst out of the letter "C" once and go for your throat, you've seen them all right? No no I must be wrong. Perhaps he has a new name; let's call him "Chuck". Chuck the alphabet-killing highly irritable whale. Yes, we're on to something now.

OK, on to the good old stick-in-rink logo that is now permanently on the shoulders, leaving precious little room to include Johnny Canuck on there. And no more black unis I guess either.


So...yeah...there you go. That's all it was about. It's not totally new nor totally awful. In fact, if you will, "it is what it is". HA! I kill me.

You can should now gleefully go back to wondering how the hell this team is going to score goals in about five weeks time when the Sharks (who, by the way, have no problem scoring) roll into town.


If you're hungry for more visuals, I'd recommend:

- Canucks.com for a Flash gallery (and the first picture includes a rather attractive young blond....alright web guys at canucks.com, good pick!).
- Tsn.ca has it on their homepage with Naslund in an oddly reminiscent "we choked" stance on the ice.
- The Province has a gallery of images for ya.
- Sportsnet.ca is kind enough to remind us how much the jerseys will friggin cost.
- Lucky lady
Miss604 was there for it.

14 comments:

Bethany said...

It's pretty hideous not going to lie...but I'm sure it will grow on me...

Mike said...

Did the jackets flip theirs?

Teebz said...

I gave you a shout-out in my blog.

The Canucks missed the mark with their jerseys. I had hoped for more.

Rinslet said...

At first, I was excited when I first saw them, "blah" was my secondary reaction, then after staring at Willie modelling it some more... :D IT SUDDENLY GREW ON ME AND I KNOW I LOVE AND WILL CHERISH THAT JERSEY FOREVER!!

DAMN YOU SMILE OF WILLIE!!! X((((

Though honestly, my only problem with it is that the jerseys of the Captains and Alternates will look so cluttered cause there's so much letters in that corner. Other than that, it isn't so bad.

Mike said...

Rinslet-Yeah, it's cluttered. Other then that it's nothing amazingly new. Which is good honestly. I'm not sure how you top Chuck the irritable whale!

Besides, for the record, the Canucks do have the most badass animal referenced with their team. Who the hell is going to top a killer whale? A predator? A duck? A thrasher???

OK...MAYBE a devil...

Rinslet said...

Fin heard that devils are tasty. If only he can lure them into the open sea. :P

Mike said...

Whales eat devils now?? Man i GOT to get out to Vancouver soon, it's bedlam!

Rinslet said...

PSH! Whales eat anything! They just suck everything in towards their big tummies. (or am I thinking of a different whale? LOL!)

Anonymous said...

Hey, all those adjectives are in alphabetical order!

Goddammit I'm a loser!

Jenny said...

i read this blog and I practically died laughing - maybe i'm really tired i'm not sure :) but i loved this blog :D

as for the jerseys, I was a little unsure when I first saw them, I knew I loved the color scheme, wasn't sure about anything else,

but now - I LOVE THEM :D

GO Canucks GO

Roger said...

A fight for dignity and against subcontracting

The Holiday Inn Express and the Candlewood Suites at 155-191 Rene-Levesque blvd. east in Montreal, belong to the Aquilini family, under the name Faubourg Saint-Laurent. They’re also the owners of the NHL hockey team, the Vancouver Canucks.

For more than two years, the employees of this hotel have tried to win recognition of their democratic union in order to improve working conditions at the hotel. Despite overwhelming majority support of its workers, the employer has used a variety of tactics to prevent the accreditation of their union, including subcontracting staff to another company.

Long live the solidarity! The union members of the hotel Queen Elizabeth, on strike, went to support them. And UCCO-SACC-CSN members in solidarity with the Faubourg workers distributed flyers before the first Canucks hockey game in Vancouver!!!!!

Click here for a video for the hockey and solidarity fans and fan-ethics!
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=HZqbnFrJOiQ

グリー said...

今年のクリスマスも後少しですね。グリー内でもクリスマスに備えて異性と交流を持つコミュニティが活発で、自分も今年のクリスマスにお陰で間に合いました!!みなさんもイブを一人で過ごさなくても良いように、グリーで異性をGETしよう

高額アルバイト said...

もうすぐ年末、何かとお金が必要な時期に朗報!!楽して稼げる高額アルバイトを紹介します。女性とおしゃべりしたり、流れでSEXしたりと、普通に女性と接するだけで後腐れなく稼ぐ事ができますよ。女性が苦手な方にはしゃべる練習にもなるので、一石二鳥ですよ

出合い said...

日頃出合いがなくてお困りの方は当サイトをご利用するだけで素敵な出合いが体験できること間違いなし!最高の出合いで最高の恋愛をしてみませんか?